Need help finding a service? Call the Head to Health support line on 1800 595 212

Flood Support

Flood Support

NSW State Emergency Service

NSW State Emergency Service (SES) is an emergency and rescue service dedicated to assisting the community. They are a volunteer-based organisation that provides emergency assistance to the people of NSW 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year. It is the approximately 9,000 volunteers across the state that make this possible. NSW SES Volunteers come from all walks of life, bringing with them many different skills, interests and backgrounds. They are united by the purpose of supporting their communities in times of need.

Hours of Operation
For general enquiries, call NSW SES from Monday - Friday from 8:30am - 4:30pm on 138 737 or call anytime 132 500

Call 13 25 00


Digital Support

The following websites provide easy to access mental health support and can be used alone or in combination with face-to-face therapy:

eheadspace: provides free online and telephone support and counselling to young people 12 - 25 and their families and friends. headspace have also put together information for young people about how to cope with the stress of natural disasters.

HeadtoHealth website: If you’re trying to improve your own mental health, or support somebody else with mental health issues, Head to Health brings together apps, online programs, online forums, phone supports, and treatment options as well as a range of digital information resources.

Emerging Minds Community Trauma Toolkit: if you are a first responder, GP, health or social worker, parent or carer, these resources will support you to respond.

MyHealthConnector website: an online directory of local health and lifestyle services to help you reconnect with your community

Disasters Assistance Team - Salvation Army

The Salvation Army disaster assistance provides support in different stages of disaster and emergencies. They provide emergency response during the crisis and in the immediate aftermath including meals and refreshments, care packs, bedding, referrals, counselling and financial assistance.

In later stages they conduct initial assessment and provision of emergency funds for those who have been severely impacted by the disaster.

Local Areas
Blue Mountains, Hawkesbury, Lithgow, Penrith

Call 1300 662 217

Visit website

Disaster Recovery Allowance

There is a short term weekly payment available if you lose income as a direct result of the floods. Click the link below for more information.

Local Areas
Blue Mountains, Hawkesbury, Lithgow, Penrith

Visit website

Disaster Recovery Payment

The Australian Government Disaster Recovery Payment (AGDRP) is available to residents directly impacted by the storms and floods. The payment provides one-off financial assistance to people in both the Blue Mountains and Hawkesbury Local Government Areas (LGAs) at the rate of $1000 per adult and $400 per child. Claims for this payment can be lodged with Services Australia for a period up to six months.

Local Areas
Blue Mountains, Hawkesbury

Visit website

Financial Support
  • Australian Government disaster assistance payment, visit Service NSW or phone 13 77 88 to find out if you are eligible
  • Payments and services if you’re recovering from a major disaster or need emergency help for homelessness, family violence, financial hardship, or bereavement.
  • Disaster recovery grants of up to $75,000 are now available to primary producers in LGAs affected by the
    NSW storms and floods that have occurred from 10 March 2021. Contact the Rural Assistance Authority
  • If your home or belongings have been damaged you can call Disaster Customer Care at Service NSW on 13 77 88 or visit
  • If you have a small business you can call the Business Concierge at Service NSW on 13 77 88 or Rural Assistance Authority on 1800 678 593 or visit
  • If you are a primary producer needing assistance you can call Rural Assistance Authority on 1800 678 593 or visit
  • For help with Insurance if you are not sure of your insurance details or have general inquiries about the claims process you can call the Insurance Council of Australia’s Disaster Hotline on 1800 734 621
Legal Support

Legal Aid NSW/LawAccess are operating a Disaster Recovery Hotline to offer free legal advice to people affected by the floods. Call 1800 801 529 for assistance.

Call 1800 801 529

Visit website

Practical and Food Assistance

Various Food Assistance programs are currently available in the Hawkesbury. Please note this area is constantly changing so please check the Flood information page at

Salvation Army
Tier 1 Financial Assistance -  community members may be  eligible for immediate relief for essentials such as food, clothing , fuel and accommodation. Go to

St Vincent De Paul
Immediate support is available for those needing emergency assistance.  Food and grocery vouchers, clothing, essentials, financial assistance and emotional support is available. Contact 131 812 or go to

The Lions Club of Richmond
Disaster relief funds may be available from a National Relief Fund Appeal to assist those affected by the flooding disaster for immediate or longer term needs. Call 0420 987 842 for more information or go to


The Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists NSW has compiled a list of NSW based psychiatrists who are prepared to provide bulk-billed telehealth services. Please visit the website below for more information.

Visit website

Psychological Therapy Services - Flood Affected Areas

Floods Psychological Therapy Services are available to anyone in the Nepean Blue Mountains region who has been significantly impacted by by the recent floods. For example, people who have experienced loss of property, loss of business income, or have experienced significant mental health impacts as a result of the threat of flood, which could include past trauma. Individuals are entitled to up to 10 psychological therapy face-to-face sessions free of charge until June 2022.

Please note, patients DO NOT require a Centrelink issued healthcare card to access this service. In addition, patients who use services through the Better Access Bushfire Recovery Initiative are still eligible for the Bushfire / Flood PTS stream, and vice versa.


  • Individuals must be referred by their GP
  • No Centrelink issued pension or Health Care Card is required
  • No Mental Health Care Plan is required, however GPs may choose to complete one at their discretion

GPs must call the PTS intake line on 1800 223 365 to obtain a referral code and complete the PTS referral form available on our website.

Call 1800 223 365

Visit website

Rapid Relief Voucher

A $1000 voucher and complimentary family food box are available for those who have lost their home in a natural disaster from the Rapid Relief Team.

Call 1300 858 208

Visit website

Rent Support
  • Renter Assistance – assistance with rental bond or costs for those temporarily or permanently displaced call DCJ Housing Services 1800 422 322
  • Renters’ rights assistance and advice for those renting a property impacted by a natural disaster Tenants Advice and Advocacy Service
Telstra Assistance

Residents and small business owners who have lost services following the floods can contact Telstra for an assistance package.

Call 1800 888 888